- Peoplesafe mobile application software (App) once you have installed a copy of the App onto your mobile telephone or handheld Device (Device); and
- Any of the Peoplesafe services accessible through the App (Services).
This policy sets out
- permissions required for the App to function on the Device to provide the Services; and
- the basis on when and why we collect your personal data; how we use it, the limited conditions under which we may disclose it to others and how we keep it secure.
Who we are:
Peoplesafe (collectively referred to as “we”, “us” or “our” in this policy) is the trading name of Skyguard Limited, Guardian 24 Limited, Rocksure Systems Limited, Alertcom Limited, Safe Shores Monitoring Limited and Send for Help Limited. Personal data is processed and maintained by Skyguard Limited for all of the companies within the Peoplesafe Group.
Required Device permissions to provide our Personal Safety Services to you:
1) Consent for Location Data
- The App requires location information to gather GPS and Wi-Fi SSID information used determining the most likely location a User should they raise an alarm or have a timed activity expire.
- The App requires background location to enable automatic position and manual positions when using the Bluetooth Button accessory, including when the App is closed or not in use.
2) Consent to make and manage phone calls including to access and record microphone audio from your Device
The App requires access to make and manage phone calls including to access and record microphone audio from your Device for the purpose of providing the Services.
3) Consent for Critical Notifications that bypass Do Not Disturb
The App utilises critical notifications that can override a Do Not Disturb mode (DND) on a Device for the purpose of providing the critical aspects of the Services.
4) Consent for Notifications
The App requires to send notifications for the purpose of providing the Services.
5) Consent to use Bluetooth (optional)
The App, optionally, requires access to Bluetooth for the purpose of providing access to the Services through optional Bluetooth accessories.
6) Consent to use Camera (optional)
The App, optionally, requires access to Camera for the purpose of capturing images scanning a QR code for Surecam.
Personal data collection:
Peoplesafe acts as a “data processor” of personal information provided to us either by yourself or by your employer as a customer of Peoplesafe.
Peoplesafe uses this personal information in order to deliver our personal safety Services to you.
Your use of the App requires your consent to Peoplesafe’s use of your personal information. If you do not consent to Peoplesafe’s use of your personal information in the App you should delete the App from your Device, and where relevant inform your employer as a customer of Peoplesafe of your non-consent. Note that Peoplesafe may be unable to provide you, or where relevant your employer, with the Services in the event of non-consent.
Peoplesafe’s obligations for personal data:
Peoplesafe will process (collect, store and use) personal data in a manner compatible with our obligations under the DPA and EU’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
We will endeavour to keep the personal data accurate, up-to-date, and not keep it for longer than is necessary for the purposes of providing the Services or complying with our legal, contractual, statutory, or regulatory obligations and our financial or tax affairs.
Types of personal data that we may collect:
The types of personal data that we may collect include your name, job title, address details, phone number, and email address. We may also be provided with other types of personal data under our contracts with our Customers if provided.
Sharing with third parties:
In the course of providing a personal safety service (for instance, in an emergency situation) we may need to pass your personal data onto contracted third-party service providers as well as to the Emergency Services.
Any third parties or sub-processors who would be subject to the same requirements on confidentiality that we may share personal data with are obliged to keep your details securely, and to use them only to fulfil the service required at the time. When they no longer need your data to fulfil this service, we require them to dispose of the details in-line with the procedures outlined in our third-party supplier agreements.
You can contact us at any time to:
- Request details of the personal data that Peoplesafe has about you.
- Correct any incorrect personal data that Peoplesafe has about you.
- Provide supplemental information to us if the personal data that Peoplesafe has about you is incomplete
- Ask us to delete personal data that Peoplesafe has about you – your right to be forgotten
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or write to us at:
Attention of the Data Protection Officer
Please note that if your personal data has been provided to us by a customer e.g. your employer, we may notify them of your request. Please also note that, subject to the terms of our contracts with our Customers, we do not accept any obligation to retain personal data and we may delete it from our systems at any time.
You can also find out further information about your rights at https://ico.org.uk/for-organisations/guide-to-data-protection/guide-to-the-general-data-protection-regulation-gdpr/.
When information relating to your personal data is requested, Peoplesafe accepts the following forms of ID: Passport, driving licence, birth certificate. The company is an ISO27001 certified organization and follows the guidelines to ensure the safety and security of the information.
If Peoplesafe does not address your request or fails to provide you with a valid reason why it is unable to do so, you have the right to contact the Information Commissioner’s Office to make a complaint. You can do this via their website (https://ico.org.uk/) or by telephone 0303 123 1113.
If you have any additional questions, about Peoplesafe’s collection, processing and storage of data, please contact us on the details provided above.