“Administrators” are allocated by our Customers and are provided with the ability to manage the Service. In the context of Data Protection, the Customer is the “Data Controller”.
“Contacts” refers to personal details managed in our contact database and used for marketing activities only and has nothing to do with operating the service(s) (including the Service(s)).
“Customers” have acquired Services, from Skyguard Ltd T/A Peoplesafe, in order to deliver the Purpose as described.
“Peoplesafe Alert App” or “App” is the mobile application software available for Customers to access to the Service.
“Peoplesafe Alert Management Portal” provides web-based access that “Administrators” use to manage the Service. This is not to be confused with the Peoplesafe Website.
“Peoplesafe Website” provides information on our services (including the Service(s)), access to supporting information and other useful details that may be of interest to our Customers and the wider market.
“Purpose” of the Service is the delivery of a mass notification.
“Service(s)” is “Peoplesafe Alert”
“Users” (data subjects) have the Peoplesafe Alert App installed on their device(s).
In this policy where we use the words “we”, “our” and “us” we are referring to Skyguard Ltd T/A Peoplesafe. In the context of Data Protection, Skyguard Ltd T/A Peoplesafe is the Data Processor.
Description of categories of personal data
- Identity Data: first name, last name, maiden name, username or similar identifier.
- Contact Data: email address and telephone numbers.
- Device Data: includes the type of mobile Device you use, a unique Device identifier.
- Content Data: includes information stored on your Device, including login information and any digital content.
- Profile Data: includes your username and password.
- Usage Data: includes details of your use of any of the App including, but not limited to, traffic data and other communication data.
- Location Data: includes your current location disclosed by GPS technology.
Consent to Installation of the App
Before installation of the Peoplesafe Alert App, please indicate your consent to processing of your personal data (name, contact details, financial, device information). All data will be processed in accordance with the UK GDPR guidelines.
YES I consent to the installation of the App for access to its Services.
NO I do not consent to the installation of the App.
How You Can Withdraw Consent
Once you provide consent by selecting “YES”, you may change your mind and withdraw consent at any time by contacting Peoplesafe. All data will be deleted in accordance with the UK GDPR.
You acknowledge that Peoplesafe Alert may not function properly once consent is withdrawn.
Consent to processing Location Data
YES I consent to processing of my Location Data (including details of my current location disclosed by GPS technology so that location-enabled Services are activated).
NO I do not consent to processing of my Location Data and location-enabled Services are disabled in my settings.
Skyguard Limited (trading as Peoplesafe) (we) are committed to protecting your personal data and respecting your privacy.
- Peoplesafe Alert mobile application software (App) once you have downloaded or streamed a copy of the App onto your mobile telephone or handheld Device (Device).
- Any of the services accessible through the App (Services). This policy sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us.
Important information and who we are
Our full details are:
- Full name of legal entity: Skyguard Ltd, trading as Peoplesafe
- Data Protection Officer email email@example.com
- Postal address: Emerald House, East Street, Epsom, Surrey KT17 1HS
This version was last updated on 28th September 2021. Any changes will be posted on this page, where appropriate, notified when you next start the App. The new policy may be displayed on-screen and you may be required to read and accept the changes to continue use of the App.
Purpose of data collection
We may collect, use, store and transfer different kinds of personal data about you to comply with our legal obligations, respond to enforcement requests, protect our rights and interests (or your or third parties), and detect malicious activity. In particular, we use your data for the following purposes:
- Device permissions for personal data access, analytics, registration and authentication provided directly by this App;
- Peoplesafe Alert collects location data to enable location sharing even when the App is closed or not in use. This is to enable targeted messages to be sent to you, which highlight dangers in your area. To fully enable location sharing, you will need to set the permission for location to “allow all the time” in the settings App
- We take appropriate security measures to prevent unauthorised access, disclosure, modification, or unauthorized destruction of your personal data processed via the App and such data is handled securely, including encrypted transmission over HTTPS.
- The App may request certain permissions that allow it to access your Device Data (as described below).
- If you grant any of the permissions listed below, the respective personal data may be processed (i.e., accessed, collected, used and shared) by the App:
Device mobile phone number
- This will be used for your registration and authentication of the App in relation to the your and activities (such as calls and messaging). Please note, messaging activity data processed may contain personal data via text, which you may disclose within the App.
- The App can use access to precise location only in the foreground to enable targeted messages to be sent to you, which highlight dangers in your area.
- The App can use access to background location to sending of notifications when you are in a potentially dangerous area
- The app can use access to approximate location only in the foreground.
How we use your personal data
We only use your personal data In accordance with the UK GDPR. Most commonly we will use your personal data in the following circumstances:
- Where you have consented before the processing.
- Where we need to perform a contract we are about to enter or have entered with your employer.
- Where it is necessary for our legitimate interests (or those of a third party) and your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests.
- Where we need to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation.
We do not transfer your personal data outside the UK.
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password that enables you to access certain parts of our Services, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent your personal data from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way.
We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected personal data breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator when we are legally required to do so.
In some circumstances you can ask us to delete your data: see below for further information.
In some circumstances we will anonymise your personal data (so that it can no longer be associated with you) for research or statistical purposes, in which case we may use this information indefinitely without further notice to you.
Your legal rights
Under certain circumstances you have the following rights under data protection laws in relation to your personal data:
- The right to be informed, the right of access, the right to rectification, the right to erasure, the right to restrict processing, the right to data portability, the right to object and also rights around automated decision making and profiling.
- You have the right to withdraw and inform not to continue to process your personal data for marketing purposes.
You acknowledge that you are in agreement with Peoplesafe T&Cs. You also acknowledge that you remain responsible for any third-party personal data obtained, published or shared through this App and confirm that you have the third party’s consent to provide such data to us.