Personal Safety & Self Protection Workshop
For Managers & Lone Workers // Duration: Half or Full-Day
There may be instances where some lone and remote workers need to consider how they would manage situations where their physical safety is threatened. It may not always be possible to walk away from a situation and it may become necessary to take protective action even when help is on its way.
Benefits of Training
This highly interactive, practical and powerful workshop provides individuals with basic principles of self-protection, whilst promoting and improving current safe working practices. The workshop ensures that workers understand the legal position and focuses on avoidance or defusing strategies wherever possible.
The workshop helps individuals to be realistic about the actions you could take and to use safe principles to remove yourself from harm. We will work with you to tailor the workshop to reflect the level and type of risk to your workers.
During the workshop lone workers will:
- Review current personal safety practices and look for potential improvements
- Learn how to use dynamic risk assessments
- Gain insight into how drug and alcohol use may impact on predictability of individuals
- Explore the Response Continuum and de-escalation techniques
- Develop personal, spatial and behavioural awareness
- Practice some key principles of proportionate physical intervention
- Gain clarity on the legal position on self-defence and the use of physical intervention