Personal Safety & Lone Worker Workshop
For Managers & Lone Workers // Duration: Half or Full-Day
Whether a lone worker safety system is in place or not, lone workers have to rely on their own awareness, strategies and skills to help keep themselves safe. If workers are unaware of the issues, or complacent in their working practices, this can be detrimental to their safety. Many people don’t consciously think about their personal safety until they find themselves in a difficult situation.
Benefits of Training
This interactive and thought-provoking workshop uses our “Ready, Steady, Go” model to equip workers with a simple process to follow — enabling them to consider personal safety strategies at every stage of their day.
Sharing best-practice whilst having the opportunity to discuss previous experiences will raise awareness of the potential risks of lone working. The workshop will also provide the opportunity for lone workers to review their existing practices and develop new personal safety strategies that can be immediately applied.
During the workshop lone workers will:
- Explore some of the potential risks of lone working in their role
- Be introduced to our “Ready, Steady, Go” model which will equip your employees with some simple practices to help go about their day safely
- Learn how to assess a risk when the hazards are constantly changing
- Plan how to influence their personal safety at every stage of the day
- Explore the benefits of a robust tracing system and assess current practice
- Be provided with practical hints and tips to use whilst travelling
- Produce their own personal exit strategies and take the “doorstep challenge”
“An entertaining and informative training day.”
Georgina Brasier, Bellway Homes