Managing Remote & Lone Workers Workshop
For Managers & Lone Workers // Duration: Full-Day
Entering into other people’s homes as part of the working day can be unpredictable and on occasions challenging. It requires workers to be able to be sensitive to the needs, feelings and actions of the person or people they are visiting, assess changing situations and adapt their own behaviour to stay safe where necessary.
Benefits of Training
This practical and immersive drama workshop offers the opportunity for you to consider the options and practice your actions in a safe environment. The workshop focuses on skills and choices that can be used by individuals to stay safe during any home visit. We will tailor the workshop to reflect the clients and situations that you may face.
During the workshop you will:
- Develop your own action plan of pro-active and practical strategies to stay safe when preparing for a home visit
- Explore and learn to use the ‘doorstep challenge’ process
- Improve your understanding of cultural considerations in other people’s homes
- Learn how to improve your situational and behavioural awareness to spot potential dangers to your safety
- Practice effective techniques to manage difficult situations
- Develop your skills to enable you to be able to defuse or leave a threatening situation