With two-way audio communication, GPS, Man Down capabilities and waterproof casing, the Twig Protector combines high performance with durability.
Featuring pre-defined buttons for voice calls, the Twig is available in the standard Protector model, the Protector Easy, which provides limited functionality or the intrinsically safe Protector Ex (ATEX).
A designated button will immediately open an audio channel to the ARC.
Users connect to the system to describe location, activity and time of completion.
The device can be located by an authorised colleague or via the ARC.
A Man Down alarm can be created through immobilisation.
The Twig Protector is fully compatible with our lone worker monitoring software, Vision. This intuitive, online portal will help you monitor and review how employees interact with their Twig devices.
- Twig Protector features
- BS8484 compliant
- Two-way audio communications
- Automatic Man Down detection on tilt and non-movement
- Shock and water resistant
- Multiple ways to engage an alert
- 24/7 monitoring
- Fast GPS locating
- Dedicated panic button
- Activity timer
- 24-hour battery life
- Risk factors to consider
- Various risk factors influence how suitable the Twig Protector will be in assisting your lone workers:
- Verbal abuse/threats — suitable
- Physical abuse/threats — suitable
- Man Down: user activated — suitable
- Man Down: device activated — suitable
- Safe and well check — suitable
- Performance without mobile network — not suitable
- BS8484 compliance
- See how the Twig Protector complies with BS8484:2011 (the British Standard for suppliers of device/app based lone worker services).
- Audio Red Alert capability — Yes, two-way voice
- Red Alert call will keep trying if unsuccessful — Yes, up to nine times
- Red Alert call is confirmed as answered — Device will vibrate
- Operator can dial in to the device — Authorised number only
- Check-in: Amber Alert capability — Yes, timer is at the Alarm Receiving Centre
- Location of device is available — Via Amber and GPS
- Sufficient battery life and low battery warning — Phone-based low battery warning
- Signal strength indication — Yes
- Minimise causes of false alarms — Device and service issue