Combining a mobile phone and safety device, the Romad RSP-100 is small, lightweight and offers two-way audio communication.
The device is BS8484 compliant and utilises SiRF Star III LP to provide incredible location accuracy in the event of an emergency.
A designated button will immediately open an audio channel to the ARC.
Users connect to the system to describe location, activity and time of completion.
The device can be located by an authorised colleague or via the ARC.
Users can call up to four pre-set phone numbers for quick escalation contact.
The Romad RSP-100 is fully compatible with our lone worker monitoring software, Vision. This intuitive, online portal will help you monitor and review how employees interact with their Romad lone worker devices.
- Romad RSP-100 features
- BS8484 compliant
- Two-way audio communications
- Call up to 4 pre-set phone numbers
- Multiple ways to engage an alert
- Dedicated panic button
- 24/7 monitoring
- Fast GPS locating
- Advanced power saving technology
- Risk factors to consider
- Various risk factors influence how suitable the Romad RSP-100 will be in assisting your lone workers:
- Verbal abuse/threats — suitable
- Physical abuse/threats — suitable
- Man Down: user activated — suitable
- Man Down: device activated — NOT suitable
- Safe and well check — suitable
- Performance without mobile network — NOT suitable
- BS8484 compliance
- See how the Romad RSP-100 complies with BS8484:2011 (the British Standard for suppliers of device/app based lone worker services).
- Audio Red Alert capability — Yes, two-way voice
- Red Alert call will keep trying if unsuccessful — Yes, phone will automatically redial
- Red Alert call is confirmed as answered — Phone displays when a connection is made
- Check-in: Amber Alert capability — No timer on device, just check-in and check-out
- Location of device is available — GPS in all modes
- Sufficient battery life and low battery warning — Phone-based low battery warning
- Signal strength indication — Yes
- Minimise causes of false alarms — Device and service issue