MicroGuard is one of the most advanced personal safety devices in the market that provides assistance to lone workers at the press of a button.
Discreet, simple to use and certified to the latest BS 8484:2016 standard.
Utilising the latest GPS and GPRS technologies, the device allows the Controllers in our Alarm Receiving Centre (ARC) to accurately pin point the user’s location in an emergency. The device also has an optional Man Down feature, thanks to the built in Accelerometer, which raises an alarm automatically if the user trips, slips or falls unconscious.
A designated SOS button will immediately open an audio channel to the ARC.
Users connect to the system to describe location, activity and time of completion.
The device can be located by an authorised colleague or via the ARC.
A Man Down alarm can be created through immobilisation.
The MicroGuard is fully compatible with our lone worker monitoring software, Vision. This intuitive, online portal will help you monitor, maintain and review how employees interact with their lone worker devices.
- MicroGuard features
- BS 8484 compliant
- Two-way audio communications
- Automatic Man Down detection on slip, trip or fall
- Status feedback, voice and data calling
- GPS locating
- Compact and Secured by Design approved
- Dedicated SOS button
- 24/7 monitoring
- Can be carried discreetly as a pendant, belt holster, car keys etc.
- Pre-alert system with timers
- Risk factors to consider
- Various risk factors influence how suitable the MicroGuard will be in assisting your lone workers:
- Verbal abuse/threats — suitable
- Physical abuse/threats — suitable
- Man Down: device activated — suitable
- Safe and well check — suitable
- Performance without mobile network — not suitable
- BS8484 compliance
- See how the MicroGuard complies with BS8484:2016 (the British Standard for suppliers of device/app based lone worker services).
- Audio Red Alert capability — Yes, two-way voice
- Red Alert call will keep trying if unsuccessful — Yes, up to ten times
- Red Alert call is confirmed as answered — Device will vibrate
- Operator can dial in to the device — Authorised number only
- Check-in: Voice Memo capability — Yes
- Location of device is available — Yes, via GPS
- Sufficient battery life and low battery warning — Yes, flashing low battery warning on device
- Signal strength indication — Yes