Your employer has a legal Duty of Care to ensure your safety and well-being at work.
With this in mind, it is possible they have provided you with a lone worker device. The Health and Safety Executive (HSE) identifies lone workers as those that work by themselves without close or direct supervision from others. Providing you with a lone worker device helps your employer fulfil their Duty of Care to you as a lone working employee. However, the device is ultimately there for your benefit.
Why Should You Take Your Lone Worker Device With You?
- You’ll have a way of getting help: You never know when you may find yourself in a situation where you need assistance. Carrying your lone worker device ensures you have a way of getting help and it could just save your life.
- 24/7 assistance: No matter the day or time, when you press the SOS button, you’ll be guaranteed an immediate response from our Alarm Receiving Centre (ARC) giving you piece of mind.
- Man Down assistance: Our Man Down feature automatically raises an alarm to our ARC when it detects a fall. Therefore, if you suffer a severe fall and are unable to call for help, your lone worker device will already be calling for assistance.
- Recorded audio can be used as evidence: If you feel threatened, you can press the SOS button and be connected to one of our highly trained Controllers. The 2-way audio channel will allow them to listen in to the situation and decide on the best course of action to help you. This audio is also recorded; in the event that anything serious should happen, this audio can be used as evidence in a court case.
- You can be located in an emergency: In the event that you need assistance urgently, a lone worker device that utilises GPS will be able to report your position automatically meaning you can get help faster.
Without the benefit of a colleague nearby, you could find
yourself in situations where you need assistance. Having your lone worker
device with you ensures that you’ll be able to get the help you need when you
need it most.
If you would like to find out more about the lone worker devices we offer, click here.
Or, to start your 30 day free trial on any of our devices, click here.